OCTober 1-3, 2021
52K • 26K • 11K • VK• kids race
2021 Registration is open
Please read full announcement below
March 31, 2021
Today marks nearly one year since we were forced to cancel the 2020 Broken Arrow Skyrace, presented by Salomon. We are happy to announce that today ... the wait is over! Our entire organization finds itself hopeful for the first time in a long time.
Shortly, some amazingly patient runners will begin to receive invites to the October 1-3, 2021 Broken Arrow Skyrace. While nothing is set in stone, and anything can happen in the next seven months, we are cautiously optimistic that we can put on a safe event for our runners, volunteers and spectators. As an international event, and community stewards of North Lake Tahoe, this mentality is absolutely imperative.
Secondarily, we are hopeful that we can put on a mostly normal version of our race. The thought of a contrived Broken Arrow is about as heartbreaking as having to cancel. Seeing you RING DAS BELL is going to be more special than ever. We cannot wait!
Having said that, the 2021 Broken Arrow will be a different event than normal. We're still consulting with public health officials, host Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and sponsors and will keep everyone up to date as our policies take shape over the coming months. As always, the safety of our runners and volunteers will continue to be of singular, unwavering importance.
If you receive an invite, you will have one week to decide if you'll join us. Once you accept, your credit card will be charged and you'll be subject to our regular cancellation policy. We STRONGLY encourage you to read through the cancellation specifics on our website BEFORE accepting your invite.
If you were a 2020 runner who was rolled over into 2021 (first June and then ultimately October) ...you have until July 1, 2021 to determine if you'd like to join us. Note that you will NOT receive an invite as you were automatically enrolled. If you cannot make the fall date, you simply have to email us by July 1, 2021 and we will add you to the automatically enrolled list for 2022. If you do not take this step it will void your rollover option as we will deduce that no response means you will join in October. Note again, this is NOT an option for new runners who placed themselves on the waitlist from December 9, 2020 on.
An additional point of clarification - if you are on the waitlist there is no rollover option, meaning if you decline your invite then you will need to re-register for 2022 when we open registration in December of 2021. WHEW. Yes, it is a lot to digest.
If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email. We're sincerely grateful for your patience and support.
Now .... get to training and keep the faith!
Brendan Madigan / Ethan Veneklasen / Geoff Quine